OPTEX FA CO., LTD. and OPTEX FA Group companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Group”) handle personal information appropriately and securely in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations to appropriately protect personal information provided by you.
Our Fundamental Policy
The fundamental policy for the personal information security management of the Group is as follows:
1. Full understanding and thorough protection of personal information
We will comply with laws and regulations and other norms on personal information, put in place internal rules regarding the handling of personal information, and make the importance of personal information protection fully understood by all employees.
2. Collection and use of personal information
When collecting personal information, we will clearly notify you of the purposes of that collection in advance, and use the acquired information exclusively within the scope of the stated purposes of use.
If required to use the collected personal information beyond the scope of such purposes of use, we will obtain your consent in advance.
3. Management of personal information
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access to, and leaks, losses, destruction, and manipulation of, personal information.
When disclosing or providing personal information to any of contractors or a third party, we will oblige such contractor or third party to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information to ensure thorough management.
Name, Address, and Representative Name of the
Business Operator Handling Personal Information
OPTEX FA CO., LTD. For the address and representative name, please see the Corporate Data page.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purposes of use of personal information
The Group will handle personal information within the scope as required for the achievement of the following purposes of use. When using personal information for any purpose other than the following, we will obtain your consent in advance:
(1) Planning, development, manufacture, and quality improvement of products, etc.
(2) Sale and provision of products, services, etc.
(3) Provision of information on products, exhibitions, seminars, campaigns, etc. and other information useful to you.
(4) Provision of material in catalogs, electronic data, etc., for products and services, and management of rental test equipment.
(5) Response to and confirmation of inquiries from you and business connections, etc. and keeping records thereof.
(6) Information provision, communication, and selection procedures for contest projects hosted by the Group, and procedures for sending prizes to winners, etc. or.
(7) Information provision and communication with, and selection procedures for job applicants, interns, or prospective interns of the Group, company entrance procedures for new employees, and internship training procedures.
2. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Group will not disclose or provide personal information provided by you to any third party, except:
(1) When your consent is obtained.
(2) When it is necessary to disclose or provide the information to a service contractor to execute the service desired by you.
(3) When it meets conditions specified by laws and regulations.
(4) When jointly using the information under “3. Joint use of personal information” below; or.
(5) When succeeding to a business through merger, company split-up, or business transfer, or for any other reason.
3. Joint use of personal information
The Group will jointly use your personal information within the scope as required for the achievement of the prescribed purposes of use.
(1) Company to jointly use
Domestic and overseas subsidiaries or affiliates of OPTEX FA CO., LTD.
・OPTEX MFG CO., LTD.
(2) Items of personal information to be jointly used
■ Name, company name, department, title, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, product purchase history, and other personal information provided by you which is necessary to achieve the prescribed purposes of use.
(3) Name, address, representative, etc. of the person responsible for the management of personal information jointly used.
■ OPTEX FA CO., LTD. (For the detailed information on the Company, please see the Corporate Data page.)
4. Handling of personal information outside Japan
The Group may provide personal data to third parties in foreign countries to jointly use such data with its affiliates, depending on cases.
(1) Name of the relevant country
To be handled in countries where an overseas site of the Group is located.
(2) “Information related to the systems in relevant foreign countries for protection of personal information obtained by an appropriate and reasonable means” and “Information on the measures for protection of personal information taken by the relevant third parties”
• Personal Information Protection Commission “Study on the systems, etc. for protection of personal information in foreign countries (to external site)”
5. Disclosure, correction, deletion, and suspension of use of personal information
If requested to disclose, correct, delete, or suspend the use of information, the Group will respond to a reasonable extent, after confirming that it is a request from the individual in question.
When requesting disclosure, etc., please download and complete the following form, and send it by mail to the address stated in the form together with an identity verification document.
• Click here for the forms for requesting disclosure, etc. and the individual/agent identity verification document (PDF).
6. Continuous reviews
Published on: October 1, 2019
Revised on: August 1, 2022
Tatsuya Nakajima, CEO
OPTEX FA CO., LTD.
OPTEX FA may send Cookies to your computer on the basis of the information that we have collected about your visit. They contain information allowing us to recognize when you are visiting the Website and to keep track of your preferences.
If you would like to delete Cookies, please refer to your web browser's Help and also you may be able to block the Cookies sent to you.